High Criteria Announces Liberty Police Interview Recorder V3.0 for Police Custodial Interviews
High Criteria Inc., today announced the availability of the Liberty Police Interview Recorder (LIR), V3.0.
The Liberty Police Interview Recorder is designed with recording features that address the needs of police and other law enforcement services. Specifically, the application records the audio, video and associated notes directly to the hard-drive of a recording PC. Thereafter, the file may be managed, just as is any other data file. Integrating the interview recording with the computer environment allows the police service to leverage their existing investment in computing services and make use of current facilities for security, backup and recovery and long-term archival of the data.
The Liberty Interview system allows services to eliminate older DVR and VHS machines. The player program facilitates transcription and the recording file may also be saved in a format that plays in Windows Media Player on an PC.
The system facilitates the addition of meta-data to the recordings. Later, this meta-data may be used as search criteria when looking for a specific recording file. Extensive search facilities are included with the application.
Among other updates, the Liberty Police Interview Recorder V3.0 includes the following new features:
- Liberty Web Access (LWA), a web interface, allows you to playback, monitor and control recordings through a browser.
- When creating a new file for each new case, the file can be saved into a subfolder named after any of the case meta-data fields.
- Video streams from different sources may now use different types of compression and you may now choose to omit one or more video streams from each recording file, when recording multiple video sources.
- The “Find in Files” search facility has been updated to support Windows Search which is the successor to the Indexing Service.
- Audio and video data can now be streamed through a webserver in HTML5 (MSE and HLS HTTP Live Streaming) formats.
- You may create, load, save, rename, and delete camera presets positions for Axis PTZ cameras.
- The Axis joystick can now be used to control the position of an Axis PTZ camera.
- Support for higher resolution monitors.
- 64-bit versions of the programs are now available.
- Numerous other minor enhancements.
The Liberty Police Interview Recorder is available through local re-sellers in the United States such as JCG Technologies of Scottsdale Arizona (www.JCGTechnologies.com), Northland Systems of Minnesota (www.Northlandsys.com), BIS Digital Systems (www.BISDigital.com) and Gramco Business Communications (www.GramcoRecording.com) and directly through High Criteria Inc.
Please see the Liberty Recording website (www.LibertyRecording.com) for more information.